SATURDAY, DECEMBER 7 • CARLSON CENTER (Same day as Tanana Valley Farmer’s Market Holiday Bazaar)
36th Annual Gingerbread House Contest
• Entries must have major components such as walls and roofs constructed of gingerbread (not graham crackers, cookies, etc.)
• Entries must have been constructed in 2019.
• Electrical outlets will NOT be available; please keep this in mind when designing your entry.
• There are no size limitations; however, if your display does not fit on a 30”x6’ oblong or 72” round table, please call Linda Lacey, 459-7553, no later than 4:00 p.m., Nov. 22, to make special arrangements.
•All entries must be mounted on a sturdy base.
• Entries will be received between 8:30 and 9:30 a.m.
• Open to the public for viewing from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Vote for your favorite entries until 2:30 p.m.
Winners will be announced at 3:15 p.m.
Entries must be picked up between 3:30 and 4:00 p.m.
Contest Divisions: Adult (age 17 & older) • Juniors (ages 13-16) • Youth (ages 9-12) •Child (8 years & under)• Group (2 or more people of any age) • Youth Group (2 or more people 12 years & under)• Children’s Group (2 or more people, 8 years & under)•
Prizes will be awarded for first place in each division.
You be the judge! Winners in the seven divisions will be determined by viewer voting, with overall grand champion selected by the Daily News-Miner Gingerbread House Committee.
For more information,call Linda Lacey, 459-7553 or email@example.com