The results are in and the votes have been tabulated for this year's Explore Local Scavenger Hunt and Photo Contest! Contestants were asked to visit fifteen or more iconic Fairbanks locations, take pictures and submit up to five of their best photos to be judged in a number of different categories. All entrants were also entered into a random drawing for Explore Fairbanks swag and other prizes.
The top submission in each category will receive a prize package and have their photos featured here and on our social media channels. Local businesses that donated prizes include Alaska Salmon Bake, Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum, Grande Denali Lodge, Great Alaskan Bowl Company, Riverboat Discovery and Sophie Station Suites.
- Best Selfie: Katrina Hulme's fun photo of her and friends posing with the Alaska mural downtown next to The Crepery.
- Best Group: Deklyn Renson's photo of gold panning with his brothers.
- Most Appetizing: Sheila Jenkins' photo of a delectable slice of cheesecake.
- Most Creative: Sharon McGarry getting "bitten" by a mosquito.
- Most Beautiful: Jasmine Moore's striking photo of the Antler Arch.
- The random drawing winner is Melissa Clemente.
View the gallery below to see all the winners, honorable mentions and the other contest entries. Thank you to all our participants for sending in your cool photos!