Secure your summer employment now! Looking for energetic individuals to help guests plan the trip of a lifetime. Must provide first-rate customer service and be adept at public speaking. Position does require working weekends at the Visitors Center. Pay rate is $18/hr.
Part Time and Full Time, Summer Seasonal and Year Round positions available. Available summer shifts between 15-40 hours. Year-round positions, 30-40 hours with benefits.
- Staffs the Explore Fairbanks information kiosks at the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center and Pioneer Park.
- Provides information on Fairbanks and Interior Alaska to potential visitors over the telephone.
- Assists in mailing information to potential visitors.
- Assists in day-to-day duties at the Fairbanks Visitor Information Center, including restocking brochures, and other responsibilities as assigned by the Manager of Visitor Services and Partnership Development or the Director of Visitor Services and Partnership Development.
- Participates in familiarization trips to become better acquainted with local attractions, tours, accommodations, restaurants, etc.
- Works when scheduled including weekends and nights.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Performs other visitor services duties, accommodates unexpected tasks and one-time projects, and other organization projects as assigned.
- Assist with updating calendar items and partner listings on www.explorefairbanks.com website.
- Update PowerPoint slides with current event information for digital displays.
- High School Diploma, GED or the work experience necessary to accomplish the job duties/responsibilities.
- Must pay attention to detail, be organized, dependable and have the ability to work independently.
- Extensive knowledge of PC’s including database software and word processing.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills and be a team player.
- Good customer service skills and a general knowledge of the visitor industry and Fairbanks’s attractions.
- Must be able to lift and transport items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Professional dress combined with Explore Fairbanks uniform required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must possess a valid Alaska Driver’s license, if applicable.
- Must possess and show proof of car insurance, if applicable.
- Must be available to work afternoon/evening shift and weekends during peak season.
Submission Instructions: All resumes should be sent to Dawn Murphy, Director of Finance and Administration, 101 Dunkel St, Ste 111, Fairbanks AK 99701-4806, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at Explore Fairbanks in the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center. Explore Fairbanks is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Location: Fairbanks
Close Date: Open until filled.
Complete Job Description: Click Here