Join Explore Fairbanks’ dynamic team of professionals who contribute to the economic well-being of the Fairbanks area by marketing to potential visitors. We currently seek candidates for the following year-round, full-time position: Visitor Information Specialist. Looking for an outgoing individual with exceptional interpersonal skills. Must provide first-rate customer service. Adept at public speaking to share extensive knowledge of Fairbanks and Interior activities and attractions. Must work Sundays and on occasion Saturdays and evenings. Non-exempt position with competitive benefits
- Staffs the Explore Fairbanks information kiosks at the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center and Pioneer Park.
- Provides information on Fairbanks and Interior Alaska to potential visitors over the telephone.
- Assists in mailing information to potential visitors.
- Assists in day-to-day duties at the Fairbanks Visitor Information Center, including restocking brochures, and other responsibilities as assigned by the Manager of Visitor Services and Partnership Development or the Director of Visitor Services and Partnership Development.
- Participates in familiarization trips to become better acquainted with local attractions, tours, accommodations, restaurants, etc.
- Works when scheduled including weekends and nights.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Performs other visitor services duties, accommodates unexpected tasks and one-time projects, and other organization projects as assigned.
- Assist with updating calendar items and partner listings on www.explorefairbanks.com website.
- Update PowerPoint slides with current event information for digital displays.
Submission Instructions: All resumes should be sent to Explore Fairbanks Director of Finance and Administration, 101 Dunkel St, Ste 111, Fairbanks AK 99701-4806, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at Explore Fairbanks in the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center. Explore Fairbanks is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Location: Fairbanks
Close Date: Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm on Monday, May 17, 2021.
Complete Job Description: Click Here