Explore Fairbanks is seeking a candidate to fill the full-time, exempt position of Tourism Sales Manager. This person will collaborate with the Explore Fairbanks Tourism and Meetings Sales Department staff and manage sales related to all marketing programs involving tour operators, travel agents and other travel professionals. Competitive benefits and salary.
Position Summary: Manages sales in all Explore Fairbanks marketing programs involving tour operators, travel agents and other travel professionals.
- Tour operator and travel agent familiarization tour planning, execution, and follow-up.
- Maintain contact and sales to tour operators and travel agents.
- Conduct sales calls, presentations, site inspections, and familiarization tours; attend travel trade and consumer travel shows.
- Maintain and update Explore Fairbanks tour operator and travel agent databases.
- Contribute to the overall performance measurement goals of the Department.
- Fulfill inquiries from tour operators and travel agents within two working days.
- Maintain a well-informed, working knowledge of the accommodations, activities, attractions, and services that are available for visitors in Fairbanks.
- Ensure that the Explore Fairbanks’ branding guidelines are incorporated into marketing messages and promotional materials.
- Assist the Director of Tourism and Meeting Sales in developing and gathering information for Department collateral.
- Assist Director of Tourism and Meeting Sales with the development of foreign language collateral and advertising.
- Assist Director of Tourism and Meeting Sales with the development and implementation of domestic and international marketing strategies.
- Assist Meetings & Conventions Manager with sales and sale blitzes and the Communications Department with press tours as necessary.
- Perform other Department office duties or Explore Fairbanks projects as assigned.
- College degree or the work experience necessary to accomplish the job duties/responsibilities.
- Two years experience in a sales and marketing position, preferably in the visitor industry.
- Must pay attention to detail, be organized, dependable and have the ability to work independently.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Based Products.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills and be a team player.
- Good customer service skills and a general knowledge of the visitor industry.
- German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean or Chinese written and oral language skills a plus.
Submission Instructions: Please provide cover letter and resume to Explore Fairbanks Director of Finance and Administration, 101 Dunkel Street, Suite 111, Fairbanks AK 99701-4806, email to email@example.com or drop off at Explore Fairbanks in the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center. Explore Fairbanks is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Location: Fairbanks
Close Date: Position open until filled, interviews starting immediately.
Complete Job Description: Click Here