Looking for an outgoing individual with exceptional organizational skills and experience in relationship building. Must provide first-rate customer service to staff and partners. Adept at public speaking to share extensive knowledge of Fairbanks and Interior activities and attractions. Possesses the skills to recruit, train, and evaluate staff and volunteers. Must work Saturdays, on occasion Sundays, and evenings. Exempt position with competitive benefits package.
Position Summary: Operate the Fairbanks Visitor Information Center (VI) and its information satellites. The VI Center is the consumer information source for the Fairbanks area providing travel information to visitors while they are planning their vacation and while they are in Fairbanks.
- Assists with recruiting, training, and evaluating all Visitor Information staff and volunteers. Supervises all Visitor Information staff and volunteers.
- Maintain a well-informed working knowledge of hotels, facilities, attractions, and services in the area.
- Ensure that visitor services and information are provided appropriately and timely.
- Schedules seasonal staff, year-round staff and volunteers who work at the VI centers.
- Arrange staff familiarization trips to partner businesses.
- Develop and produce collateral material on a variety of subjects such as dining, calendar of events, etc., to be used at VI Center and satellites.
- Coordinates distribution of Explore Fairbanks collateral materials to sites throughout Alaska and Canada.
- Works with Visitor Services staff to oversee and coordinate the processing and fulfillment/response of direct and indirect inquiries.
- Work with departmental committee to plan, develop and evaluate department marketing plan both current and long range.
- Work with the Director to provide on-site and logistical event management as needed.
- Inputs partnership data into the Simpleview database ensuring and proofing for accuracy.
- Actively prospect for new partners throughout Alaska.
- Provide monthly department reports and statistics to the President and CEO.
- Conduct AlaskaHost customer service training program to Explore Fairbanks partnership and local community.
- Work with Communication Department in collateral, ad placement and public relation projects/programs related to visitor information.
- Exports listing data for multiple publications for all organization departments.
- Responsible for maintenance and improvements of VI Center and information satellites.
- Ensures operation of all general office equipment or notifies the Finance & Executive Coordinator of service calls if deemed necessary.
- Assists with developing and implementing annual departmental marketing plan.
- Assists with developing and implementing annual department budget to achieve marketing plan programs.
- Performs other visitor services duties, accommodates unexpected tasks and one-time projects, and other organization projects as assigned.
- Assists with the Golden Heart Greeter program as needed.
- Represent and promote Explore Fairbanks, its partners, and the Fairbanks community.
- When necessary, represents the Explore Fairbanks at local meetings, and gives presentations to partners, local associations, or other groups.
- College degree or minimum of three years’ work experience necessary to accomplish the job duties/responsibilities.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills and be a team player.
- Good sales, marketing and customer service skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of PC’s, including word processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- Must have general knowledge of the visitor industry.
- Must work Saturdays and on occasion Sundays and evenings.
- Business casual dress required.
- Must possess a valid Alaska Driver’s license.
- Must possess and show proof of car insurance.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to lift and transport items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- May be required to travel in-state, nationally and internationally.
Submission Instructions: Please provide cover letter and resume to Explore Fairbanks Director of Finance and Administration, 101 Dunkel St, Suite 111, Fairbanks AK 99701-4806, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at Explore Fairbanks in the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center. Explore Fairbanks is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Location: Fairbanks
Close Date: Open until filled.
Complete Job Description: Click Here