Explore Fairbanks seeks an Internet Marketing Specialist who has expertise in websites. The ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge about the Internet and enjoys working with a team to imagine, create and manage multiple online marketing programs and promotions. Wonderful team, excellent benefits (including PTO, health and retirement), ample flexibility and good salary.
Position Summary: Promotes Fairbanks as a destination through the website by proactively managing content and SEO. Research, update and manage various online marketing features of the organization’s website. Promote Fairbanks as a visitor destination via the website, social media and other various projects and programs to a local, statewide, national and international audience.
- Manage all technical aspects of the website.
- Maintains all content and images on the organization’s website and social media.
- Create, build and manage pages, content and site organization of Explore Fairbanks’ website through a proprietary CMS environment and CRM database.
- Ensures that website content is consistent with the organization’s strategic plan and works with others to refresh website content. Ensures accuracy, timeliness and appropriate credit for all information and images.
- Remains up to-date on the latest technologies and trends, including social media, Internet marketing, security issues, authoring tools and graphic design tools.
- Provides research to assist senior management in decisions regarding Internet marketing and management strategies.
- Executes and manages search engine optimization and metatag placement.
- Generates and analyzes traffic reports. Recommends program changes.
- Monitors contractor activities and manages vendor agreements. Tracks expenditures to adhere to budget.
- Implements appropriate, strategic promotional programs to attract users to the website.
- Oversees Internet and IT needs for the organization.
- Assists with the storage and organization of photographs and video to be used by Explore Fairbanks.
- Compiles department statistics, in-kind donations and contributes to the overall performance measurement goals of the department.
- Ensures that Explore Fairbanks’ branding guidelines are incorporated into marketing messages and promotional materials.
- Assists with the execution of the direct email program when necessary.
- Provides administrative assistance for the department as necessary.
- Assists with press tours and fulfilling media inquiries as necessary.
- Performs other department or organization projects as assigned.
- Must have a college degree in Communications, Computer Science or a related field.
- Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of SEO.
- Extensive knowledge of PCs, including word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Experience using web apps and content management systems.
- Understanding of template format, database driven websites and basic html language.
- Must pay attention to detail, be organized, dependable and able to work independently as well as within a group.
- Knowledge of Fairbanks, Interior and statewide visitor industry.
- Excellent communication skills in writing, editing, public speaking & sales, telephone and interpersonal communications.
Submission Instructions: All resumes should be sent to Explore Fairbanks Director of Finance and Administration, 101 Dunkel St, Ste 111, Fairbanks AK 99701-4806, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at Explore Fairbanks in the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center. Explore Fairbanks is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Location: Fairbanks
Close Date: Open until filled.
Complete Job Description: Click Here