Become part of the dynamic team of professionals at Explore Fairbanks who contribute to the economic well-being of the Fairbanks region by marketing to potential visitors. We currently seek candidates for the following position
Part-Time, Year-Round Guest Services Representative
Looking for an extroverted individual with amazing customer service skills to greet guests and assist with trip planning over the phone and in-person. Must provide first-rate customer service. Knowledge of local activities and attractions a plus. Must work weekends and on occasion evenings at the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center or Pioneer Park.
- Staffs the Explore Fairbanks information kiosks at the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center and Pioneer Park.
- Provides information on Fairbanks and Interior Alaska to potential visitors over the telephone.
- Assists in mailing information to potential visitors.
- Assists in day-to-day duties at the Fairbanks Visitor Information Center, including restocking brochures, and other responsibilities as assigned by the Manager of Visitor Services and Partnership Development or the Director of Visitor Services and Partnership Development.
- Participates in familiarization trips to become better acquainted with local attractions, tours, accommodations, restaurants, etc.
- Works when scheduled including weekends and nights.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Performs other visitor services duties, accommodates unexpected tasks and one-time projects, and other organization projects as assigned.
- Assist with updating calendar items and partner listings on www.explorefairbanks.com website.
- Update PowerPoint slides with current event information for digital displays.
- High School Diploma, GED or the work experience necessary to accomplish the job duties/responsibilities.
- Must pay attention to detail, be organized, dependable and have the ability to work independently.
- Extensive knowledge of PC’s including database software and word processing.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills and be a team player.
- Good customer service skills and a general knowledge of the visitor industry and Fairbanks’ attractions.
- Must be able to lift and transport items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Professional dress combined with Explore Fairbanks uniform required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must possess a valid Alaska Driver’s license, if applicable.
- Must possess and show proof of car insurance, if applicable.
- Must be available to work afternoon/evening shift and weekends during peak season.
Submission Instructions: Please provide cover letter and resume to Explore Fairbanks Director of Finance and Administration Dawn Murphy at 101 Dunkel St, Ste 111, Fairbanks AK 99701-4806, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off to Explore Fairbanks in the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center. Explore Fairbanks is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Location: Fairbanks
Close Date: Open until filled.
Complete Job Description: Click Here