Position Summary: The Executive and Finance Coordinator assist the Director of Finance and Administration and the President and CEO in the day-to-day executive, financial and administrative operations of Explore Fairbanks.
- Assist the President and CEO in communications with the Explore Fairbanks Board of Directors, staff, stakeholders and the public.
- Maintain a database of community contacts/stakeholders to be shared among Explore Fairbanks staff.
- Prepare and assemble Explore Fairbanks Board of Director information including Board packets and manuals.
- Assist the Nominations Committee Chair with the annual Explore Fairbanks Board Nominations process in conjunction with President and CEO.
- Assist President and CEO with preparation and follow-up of Explore Fairbanks Board meetings, taking and transcribing minutes, in addition to auditory recording of meeting.
- Update the Explore Fairbanks Bylaws, Standing Rules, Policies and Procedures manual as the Explore Fairbanks Board approves changes and maintain Board records.
- Maintain Explore Fairbanks Board and Committee lists.
- Assist the President and CEO with logistics and program development for the annual Explore Fairbanks Board and Staff retreats, Board orientation and other meetings as required.
- Assist the President and CEO with annual preparation and delivery of: required information packets for elected bodies, including Strategic Plan, Year-to-Date Reports and other pertinent materials.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Administration with Explore Fairbanks financial functions, providing a system of checks and balance.
- Bi-weekly gather and review time sheets for proper documentation (OT and leave forms) and managerial approval; check for accuracy and enter payroll hours into database
- Prepare deposit slips for revenue per Board of Director approved procedures.
- Process Accounts Payable in a timely manner, prepare for approval by Director of Finance and Administration and/or President and CEO; record in Denali Fund Accounting software, pay bills and file hard copies.
- Assist in preparing the grant reports by tracking expenditures; verifying grant eligibility; balancing audit trail and spreadsheet for reports.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Administration with preparation and follow-up of Finance and Planning
- Committee meetings, taking and transcribing notes.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Administration with audit preparation.
- Assist the Director of Finance and Administration with preparation and follow-up of Audit Committee meetings, taking and transcribing notes.
- Greet Visitors to Suite 201 Marketing and Administrative Offices.
- Route incoming and inter-office mail and phone calls to the appropriate parties.
- Inventory and purchase supplies and equipment for the Explore Fairbanks staff and the Board of Directors, research cost effective purchasing of supplies and equipment.
- Oversee Explore Fairbanks equipment maintenance and monthly status of accounts for postage and copying machines.
- Oversee Explore Fairbanks staff communications, maintaining the shared Explore Fairbanks Outlook, MTCVC calendar, GoToMeeting software, staff lists including MTCVC Explore Fairbanks portion, and informing staff of upcoming events.
- Coordinate of monthly birthday celebrations.
Partnership Development Duties
- Working with Partnership Development Department to processing Accounts Receivable entering invoices into Simpleview, tracking Accounts Receivable outstanding amounts; and reporting the information to the Director of Finance and Administration, Director of Visitors Services and Partnership Development and/or President and CEO.
General Duties and Standards
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive matters and materials such as files, records, or conversations pertaining to personnel, board, accounting, partnership development or other sensitive issues.
- Ensures that the Explore Fairbanks branding guidelines are incorporated into marketing messages and promotional materials.
- Contributes to the overall performance measurement goals of the Administrative Department.
- Assist with data entry, filing, typing and proofreading as necessary.
- Maintain written procedures for position.
- Perform other duties or organization projects as assigned.
- College degree or the work experience with an accounting background.
- Must pay attention to detail, be organized, dependable and have the ability to work independently.
- Must type/keyboard 60 wpm and possess excellent grammar and proofreading skills.
- Extensive knowledge of PC’s, including excel and database software.
- Must have good interpersonal communication skills and be a team player.
- Good customer service skills and a general knowledge of the visitor industry.
- Must be available to work 40 hours/week with occasional overtime.
- Must possess a valid Alaska Driver’s license.
- Must possess and show proof of car insurance.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to lift and transport items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Professional dress required.
Submission Instructions: All resumes, cover letter and salary requirements should be sent to Explore Fairbanks Director of Finance and Administration, 101 Dunkel St, Suite 111, Fairbanks AK 99701-4806, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at Explore Fairbanks in the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center. Explore Fairbanks is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Location: Fairbanks
Close Date: Applications must be submitted by 5:00 pm Monday, January 18, 2021.
Complete Job Description: Click Here