Explore Fairbanks seeks a Digital Communications Specialist who has expertise in and a passion for websites. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable about the Internet and enjoys working with a team to imagine, create and manage multiple online marketing programs and promotions. Assists with administrative activities and other departmental projects. Wonderful team, excellent benefits (including PTO, health and retirement), ample flexibility and good salary. This position is not open to telecommuting or contractors.
Position Summary: Promotes Fairbanks as a visitor destination through the website and digital newsletters to a local, statewide, national and international audience. Researches, updates and manages various features of the organization’s website including content, images and search engine optimization. Assists with departmental administrative duties and other projects as assigned.
- Manages all technical aspects of the Explore Fairbanks website.
- Maintains all content and images on the organization’s website.
- Creates, builds and manages pages, content and site organization of Explore Fairbanks’ website through a proprietary CMS environment and CRM database.
- Ensures that website content is consistent with the organization’s strategic plan and works with others to refresh website content. Ensures accuracy, timeliness and appropriate credit for all information and images.
- Remains up to date on the latest technologies and trends, including Internet marketing, search engine optimization, security issues, authoring tools and photo editing.
- Executes and manages search engine optimization and metatag placement.
- Generates and analyzes web analytics reports. Recommends program changes.
- Provides research and analytics to assist senior management in decisions regarding Internet marketing and management strategies.
- Monitors and manages contractor activities, vendor agreements and subscriptions. Tracks expenditures to adhere to budget.
- In conjunction with Director of Communications, creates, sends and manages direct email newsletter programs.
- Manages and assists industry organizations, contractors and business partners as they relate to the website.
- Monitors third-party websites for accurate destination information. Works to update information as necessary.
- Assists with administrative duties for the department.
- Assists with the storage and organization of photographs and video to be used by Explore Fairbanks.
- Compiles department statistics and contributes to the overall performance measurement goals of the department.
- Works with contractors to facilitate Internet and IT needs for the organization.
- Ensures that Explore Fairbanks’ branding guidelines are incorporated into marketing messages and promotional materials.
- Assists with additional departmental projects as necessary including, but not limited to, social media, database management and media tours.
- Performs other department or organization projects as assigned.
- College degree in communications, computer science or a related field or four or more years of related experience.
- Comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of SEO.
- Extensive knowledge of PCs, including word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Experience using web apps and content management systems.
- Understanding of template format, database driven websites and basic html language.
- Must pay attention to detail, be organized, dependable and able to work independently as well as within a group.
- Knowledge of Fairbanks, Interior and statewide visitor industry.
- Excellent communication skills in writing, editing, public speaking, telephone and interpersonal communications.
Submission Instructions: Submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Explore Fairbanks Director of Finance and Administration, 101 Dunkel Street, Suite 111, Fairbanks AK 99701-4806, email to email@example.com or drop off at Explore Fairbanks in the Morris Thompson Cultural and Visitors Center. Explore Fairbanks is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Job Location: Fairbanks
Close Date: Position open until filled, interviews starting immediately.
Complete Job Description: Click Here